Photobucket

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fun Pink Stretchy Pant Material Flower Hair Clip!

If you saw my baby's cute shoes in my last post, then look at the cute matching hair clip!!


I'm gonna attempt one of those posts showing  play by play instructions...ummm, bare with me.  Theses are the supplies I used.



  • material (thicker cotton knit)
  • needle and thread
  • scissors
  • hot glue/glue gun
  • alligator clip
  • small piece of ribbon (to cover the end of clip)

Ok, first you need a good piece of thick cotton. I, of course, chose an old pair of Pink Stretchy Pants, to cut up for the sake of my daughter's fashion.  It can be accomplished with a 10in x 10in square of fabric.  I used whatever piece I had left from the shoes...



 Note: You want the flower petals to curl up so cut accordingly.  Cut the material in strips to form your petals.  Their are three petal strips to each flower layer.



You will need 3-1in petal strips, 3-3/4in petal strips, and 1-1/2in center petal strip, cut rounded off at the ends...I am guesstimate kinda person.  I would say the larger strips are 2 1/2in long, then 2in or a little smaller for the next size, and then 1 1/2in for the little petal....like this:





I cut these wrong for the picture and had to redo it so I would have the curled up petals...that's what happens when you are trying to feed your daughter banana and do this at the same time...



Now to form the petal layers...You need to make, almost a circle, with both layers.  Then stack 'em.




  
Place the little one perpendicular to the last petal strip smack dab in the middle.




Now pull out your threaded needle and stitch it all together...and you have the flower!


Now we add the clip...First, make sure you have the glue gun loaded and heated up.  Cut a small piece of scrap material to cover the glued on clip.  the flat side of the clip will go against the baby's head, so, you will glue the other side to the bottom of the flower.  I put it a little off center so it lays right on her head.  Place a little glue on the small material piece in side the clip.  Then glue the material to the flower.  It will look like this:





Voila!

At the last minute I decided it needed a ribbon cover over the end of the clip... 

 


:o) Marlee 








1 comment: